Our new fiscal year begins July 1, and the Friends Board of Directors approved an annual budget allocating $29,864 to Glendale Library programs during its June meeting.
That total is all anticipated general income remaining after expenses.
What are we funding? A sampling:
- The Summer Reading Program, including performers and 29 programs at all library sites
- April Library Week programming (Children’s Room, Central Library)
- Community Workshops and Outreach (Library Connection and Pacific Park)
- Toddler / Preschool Age Programming, instilling a love of stories and books (Pacific Park)
- Parent Workshop Supplies (Pacific Park)
- After School Robotics Program (Grandview Branch)
- Conversation Class Support (Montrose Branch)
And much more!
Our main sources of income are memberships and donations, and sales of donated books and materials.
We plan a strong push for more memberships and donations as our book sale operation reorganizes due to the renovation. We cleared out our inventory. Now we are in the process of moving from our old location (the “Book Nook”) to a new store and office in the Central Library basement.
Pacific Park has opened a satellite sales location, and we hope to be up and running in our new location by the end of the summer, but we still anticipate lower income over the coming months from book sales.
Memberships and donations are critical. Help us meet our goals in providing support for the library programs above. Join the Friends!